Pages

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Our Baby Jasper, God will help us find a Way, a hearty Farewell dinner and the "soon-to-come" Big move

Sorry about the long wait, usually it's pretty unlike me to leave my blog stagnant for awhile. Anyway, I went for the Victorian Driving test a couple of weeks ago and obtained my full Victorian Driver license. I figured might as well since I'll be needing it anyway. Lucky I could use darling's car for the test, so it not only saved me money, but it also made the test easier. Then out of 10 over job applications sent, I only went for 1 interview: the IT Officer job at Monash. But as expected, I didn't get it cause "so they say: they really had to make a tough decision between the comparable candidates", plus restrictions on work at the moment didn't help; I can only work with my Bridging Visa after my Tourist Visa expires.

Oh well, just like what Father Malcolm and God-ma Helen said, "Not to worry, you'll find something soon!" Father even called one of the work places I have applied for to put in a good word for me, so I should be getting another interview soon. But I'm not too stress anyway cause I believe God will find a way for me, just like he did for every bliss in my life. :) For the moment, something to look forward to: Moving into my own rented house(with my chabohs) in the next few days. Meantime, enjoy the pics of our adorable Jasper!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image HostingWe also had a Steamboat dinner last Friday, sort of as a farewell to Henrie (who's going back Hong Kong), Joewiz and me. That's because after we move to our new place, we might not go to South 9 that often anymore. The dinner included everyone in South 9 plus our extended close friends as well. ;) As I've said before, everyone in South 9 is especially awesome and fun-loving, so we are definitely gonna miss them heaps. But it's alright, I guess we would still drop by every now and then. So there were heaps of food; seafood, meat, chicken, vegetables, fishballs, meatballs, crab meat and the list just goes on. There were 14 of us in total I think and we ate and ate till everyone was really bloated. Our two "South 9 chefs" Joewiz and Vivien also made sinful yet delicious desserts: Sticky date pudding, Trifle and Tiramisu. Well, who could resist such temptations, so everyone though full like anything, still greedily gun down slices and slices of the desserts. It's like once you start, you can't stop! Mmnn, I wished the desserts had lasted longer though. :( Long free hours had made Joewiz our home baker cause she was always making new desserts for everyone to try. No wonder everyone's putting on weight, including herself, kekeke... *oops* :x

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Then there's also the World Cup fever where all of us sat down and had our eyes glued on the TV for the opening of the World Cup on Friday night after that huge dinner. Everyone supported different countries, but it was really funny watching the boys shouting, "GOAL!!!" at the top of their voices when the country they were supporting scored. It's small little events like these that bring a smile to your face sometimes. ;)

0 comments: