Pages

Monday, May 07, 2007

Friends from Venus and Mars

(Edited Post)
I've read the book "Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus" before. And in the beginning, the author starts with his wife needing his attention and getting him to run some errands just awhile after childbirth. And when the author doesn't understand her complains and forgets the errands, she told him one thing that made him reflected about himself; she said something like, "John Gray, you're a fair-weathered friend! When I am happy and all, you are willing to be with me, but when I'm sad or in times of need, you ignore me or walk away from me".

I can't quite remember if those were the exact words, but the point is there. Sometimes I can't help but feel that it's the same with friends as well. When there are happy posts of good food, handsome guys and fun stuff, there will be comments and chatter on the cbox. But when a post reflects sadness or my thoughts occasionally, where did everyone go? It's astonishing that there are more comments on my Gamespot blog; from people whom I only know through the Internet. What happened to the care and concern from real friends? Does "life" really take you away from everything?

0 comments: